Wednesday, October 5, 2016

God works in mysterious ways (9/26/16)

Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to get this one out. So I'm
still in westbury but I have a new companion. His name is elder
Caballero and I was super happy because we've literally been wanting
this to happen since my 2nd transfer and now he has two left and I've
got 3 so it looks like I might be killing him. I'm pretty happy about
that

As for the week, I could go into detail about it and I probably owe
you all that but I just want to talk about one experience I had this
week. So the past 2 or 3 weeks now we've been teaching these two
investigators named soña and Michael. Soña is a little older so we
were thinking Michael was related to her somehow but weren't exactly
sure. So Friday, elder caballero and I go and talk to them again, and
invite them both to church. As it turned out, soña wouldn't be able to
but Michael could. The only problem was that he didn't have a ride.
After a little bit of scrambling around 9:45 at night we finally got a
hold of someone and they were willing to take him. He seemed pretty
chill during sacrament meeting but after wards things kind of changed
a little. A member introduced himself and I was like oh okay cool but
I still wanted to keep a close ear just to see what was going on. All
of a sudden I see Michael starting to cry and I didn't hear the
conversation perfectly but I did hear something about his family. As
it turns out, he's here in America without his family just trying to
do what he can to get by and feels really alone. We had a little
lesson after everything and he really opened up and it was just cool
to see that we were able to give him a little more hope. We talked
about how the branch can really be a support and a second family to
him, explained eternal families and how he's able to obtain that. And
the funny thing was that our main focus was on soña. Now, Michael has
already read the first two chapters of 1 Nephi, we're meeting with him
tomorrow and he's willing to do whatever he needs to in order to draw
closer to God.

So! That's pretty much the big spiritual highlight of the week. In
other news, we went to service this week in suits because why not and
got attacked by bees. Well, some people did. But not me. Because
blessings. And I don't have any pictures from this week but since I
didn't do a weekly last week because laziness, here ya go! Hope you're
all doing great!

1. You know you're in a white neighborhood when...
2. A member's son who was really excited he built a tower taller than him






No comments:

Post a Comment