Sunday, January 22, 2017

The last days are upon us

Well, here we are. My last full week as a missionary. It's been a crazy journey but it still isn't over! It's like the fourth quarter of a game 7 and I refuse to just choke away a 3-1 lead. I've been working hard to make sure that I can finish strong. Here's a little bit of what's been going on since my last update! 
We have been knocking a ton. I think we've started and finished about 9 or 10 buildings since the start of the transfer. So I mean a good amount which also means a good amount of success. That's also one of the best faith building things to do because hearing people ask who it is then just walk away after they find out, is not very fun sometimes. But we've been doing it with a smile on our faces and have actually found some really cool people! We accidentally knocked into a less active member who's not in our area Book and she called us then told us to talk with her family! We didn't know she was a member when we went over though so we were pretty surprised to hear she was just reading in Nephi and wants to start reading through Alma...so we were like you're a member right?? And she was. She's just less active because no one can take her to church and she's pretty old and can't really get around too easily. 
Then there's Romy Reyes. He was a referral we got a while back, tried to get a lesson with him for a couple weeks, then once we did we asked him to be baptized and he was like yeah for sure. His girlfriend is already a member but because some Sundays she doesn't go, he doesn't go either. And he's going to YSA which is a different building than ours. We are just teaching him because he's in our area and YSA only has sister missionaries and he didn't really like them haha. 
This past weekend it snowed again, too. And we had a potential lesson pretty far from where we normally go. So we took a bus there and right when we got to the house, it starts snowing. Then we grab a quick bite from good ol' McDonald's (thanks mom for the money) and then it snows even harder. I got some videos for you all this week! 
Also, to build member/missionary relationships, we've been meeting with a lot of members. And of course they ask the question, "How long have you been on your mission?" And Elder Menden says 6 months and then once I say about 23 and a half that's usually followed by oh how do you feel? And I gotta say. It's a weird feeling. I gave my departing missionary testimony this past week in zone training meeting and that's the first time it's really felt like I'm going home. And my usually response to the members is that I'm excited but definitely really sad too. Like yeah New York is a beautiful place but it's being a missionary I'm gonna miss. There have definitely been times I took my time out here for granted but I can definitely say that this is one of the greatest things I've ever been able to be a part of. It's been an amazing two years! 
1-3) The view from queens to Manhattan
4) Bet you can't tell which face is mine
5) Another view from queens to Manhattan 
6) I'm snowy
7) my temple pic! 
And the group Temple pics















No comments:

Post a Comment