Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My boy Joaquin

Well sorry for not writing anything last week! Allow me to explain
why...we had a super awesome week filled with lessons like crazy. 14
to be exact! That's the most I've had in one week!! It was awesome and
they were all filled with the spirit and we're making progress with a
lot of people now! Ryan now has a baptismal date for the 28th of this
month, Valentin is still working towards baptism. But yeah that's my
very quick update of what happened two weeks ago. Nothing too crazy
happened though. Yesterday has definitely been the best day of the
transfer though...JOAQUIN FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH!!! It only took about
10 weeks but it finally happened! I was so happy. Oh! And two weeks
ago a Peruvian lady was walking past the church one day and was
confused as to why the doors were closed so Sunday came around and she
decided to just walk in and check it out. She's been here for about a
month and last week was her first time coming to the church and she
loved it! So now she's a new investigator! Her name is Rita, she's
visiting New York until the first week of December and then she will
go back to Peru. So what we were thinking is prepare her enough to
send her info off to Peru and then hopefully she'll get baptized
there! Or we could baptize her here which would be just as awesome!
Okay now back to Joaquin.

The two of us have gotten super close and honestly, I don't ever want
to leave Midwood because of this guy. And to make everything better
he's Mexican, loves metal, watching sports (mainly soccer of course)
and he's a bro. Wednesday night we had a lesson with him and at the
end of the lesson he told me thank you for your support. You're doing
so much for me. And I was just like man I love you!!! Something else I
said about him is that he's the kind of guy that you get so annoyed
with since he won't come to church and then as soon as you talk with
him about the gospel and hear his prayers, you can't help but want to
give him a bro hug. He's definitely my favorite person thus far. And
now I'm going to help him stay active and have a desire to go to the
temple.

In other news, Wednesday I went on exchanges with elder Peña and
because I love doing role plays with others so much and make them
super crazy so elder Peña wanted to do the same to me since I'm always
the investigator. Well, he tried his best but I think I still
prevailed. That video is about 10 minutes but there is another one
where I was the investigator and I will add the video of that one :)

Okay now for a serious note. This past week I said something that was
both deep and intelligent. I don't have many of those moments so I
kind of want to elaborate on that. I was talking about life
experiences and stuff like that when I said, "The experiences we have
make up life, but it's what we do with those experiences that make up
OUR lives." Yeah deep, right? I feel like I've heard something like it
before but I'm still taking credit for it. Pretty much what I want to
say is that, yeah, life isn't easy. Life takes us down so many roads
we aren't ready for. That's what happens during life. But it's how we
learn from those experiences, what we do with them and whether we let
them weaken or strengthen us that makes the difference between our
lives and someone else's life. Y que es lo que tenemos? We have the
atonement of Christ! And we can use it each and every day so that he
can help us through every difficult time that we have.

So that was the serious moment of this letter! Hope everyone is doing
well! Now enjoy some pictures and the video of the role play!
1) the role play
2) Barclay's center
3) Oracle is still better
4) my nice early birthday surprise






No comments:

Post a Comment